Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year Bank Statement

Is it just me or is anyone else seriously offended by the behaviour of the Banks following their recent mishandling of the global money markets?

I have noticed over Christmas that Nat West have been promoting their “Sale” and frankly I think they should be sanctioned for bad taste when so many of their customers are having to slash prices to uneconomic levels just to stay alive. Meanwhile they live off their Government handout, of our money, we all have to pull in our horns and economise and watch them continuing to spend on tasteless national TV advertising campaigns suggesting they are doing us a favour. The only Bank Sale I would condone would be that which sells off all the over paid and over rated Bankers to the private sector for use as Office Juniors.

Equally annoying was the publication I received before Christmas (extremely lavish I must add) from Barclays Commercial offering advice on how to run my business in tough times! I sent it back with a note saying “You probably need this more than me!”

The new uniform for Bankers in 2009 should be ‘sackcloth and ashes’ to replace the smug indifference they have been wearing for too long now.


RIP Bankers (Recession in Progress)

Gareth

No comments: