Tuesday 20 January 2009

Extend opportunity to every willing heart

I’m a sucker for a great orator and must admit to finding Barak Obama’s Presidential acceptance speech thoroughly energising. Now I am well know for being apolitical (neutral), which has served me well in the past, but I thought his statement of hope could be the new call to arms for the UK recruitment industry (and especially the public provision, Job Centre Plus).

When he said, “We want to extend opportunity to every willing heart,” I thought the message was profound, insightful and extremely clever. You get our wholehearted support; if you want to succeed. We are here for those who are engaged; and committed. Resolve is a great personal asset and one the recruitment industry can place every day of the week. Intransigence, disinterest and apathy are the trait that caused the demise of many great industries; like manufacturing.

Instead of funding training programmes UK Government could also learn from this message and fund courses in prolonged passion (you know what I mean).


Gareth

No comments: