Tuesday 13 May 2008

REC goes Green

Congratulations to the REC for finally completing its process to appoint a new CEO; Kevin Green - announced today. I will resist offering advice to my successor but the obvious and immediate problem he needs to overcome is the likely claim from industry cynics that he will be a Gamekeeper turned Poacher; coming, as he does, from the world of HR – the natural prey of the recruitment industry. With the talented and highly experienced Helen Reynolds as his Number Two and Anita Holbrow as Marketing Director I am sure he will quickly grasp the realities of the job and win over the Beaters.

I certainly wish him every success in a job I adored and at a time when Agencies need strong leadership and understanding if they are collectively to overcome the revitalised TUC and a weakened Government likely to jump quickly to win influential friends.


Gareth

No comments: