Friday 1 August 2008

Reed on!

Congratulations to REC on winning Reed back into the fold; after an 8 year absence. This is a major achievement and one that will bring considerable kudos to the Confederation. I am sure Kevin Green, as the new CEO, is delighted. I couldn’t do it during my time there and it took me leaving the REC to even get a meeting with James.

However I guess the greatest pleasure will be felt by the ex-Acting CEO, Helen Reynolds; who must be thrilled to have achieved what I always suggested was, the unachievable. Now she's gone I hope someone, at least in part, attributes the success to her. Its rather like REC winning Trade Association of the Year soon after I left and knowing it takes two or three years to be eligible to win; you hope a little reflected glory rubs off.


Winning back Reed certainly proves that ‘you should never say never’ and I hope this means that the other great target is now in REC's gun sights.

Gareth

No comments: